Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this black flexible plastic channel behind my left front bumper area.. Any idea what it is? The car is stock and the piece was just loosely floating around from inside the outer most end of the bumper to near the center grille. It has some curved memory to it and is 24 inches long and can be formed..It is NOT RUBBER.
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
Any ideas where its started life on the car. The car is stock and never disassembled.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I found this black flexible plastic channel behind my left front bumper area.. Any idea what it is? The car is stock and the piece was just loosely floating around from inside the outer most end of the bumper to near the center grille. It has some curved memory to it and is 24 inches long and can be formed..It is NOT RUBBER. View attachment 1628504 View attachment 1628505 View attachment 1628506 Any ideas where its started life on the car. The car is stock and never disassembled.
I'm grasping at straws here...Maybe it was on the wheel arch facing inward towards the tire? That's my guess, do / did I win anything? :cool:

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm grasping at straws here...Maybe it was on the wheel arch facing inward towards the tire? That's my guess, do / did I win anything? :cool:
No prizes.. sorry. The car was painted years ago and the center grille was the only thing taken off the frontal grille area in the process, This piece showed evidence of over spray on it and the "W" front bumper subframe has some too . This was tucked loosely across the back side of the bumper. It's definitely from not inside the wheel well . Could it be a buffer for the edge of the splash panel against the body, do you suppose? It has that sort of memory profife I haven't found it in the various parts books I have. More a curiosity than a annality.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,973 Posts

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks .... can't find that number in the parts book.. BTW the lower buffer in front of the radiator is still attached where it should be and I think that is rubber.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,973 Posts
For US spec cars, you need both parts manuals. The parts in the USA book are specific to US spec cars. If the part is common to the Euro and US spec cars, it's in the Euro parts manual

Just so we are clear. The profile of that part looks like it is for that panel under the nose panel. When I mentioned the radiator rubbers bits, I only meant that I thought the profile of the piece that goes on that panel has the same profile as the radiator rubber bits.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For US spec cars, you need both parts manuals. The parts in the USA book are specific to US spec cars. If the part is common to the Euro and US spec cars, it's in the Euro parts manual

Just so we are clear. The profile of that part looks like it is for that panel under the nose panel. When I mentioned the radiator rubbers bits, I only meant that I thought the profile of the piece that goes on that panel has the same profile as the radiator rubber bits.
Okay I ihave a variety of manuals Jim Neil sent me from the library.. So I'm NOT clear what are the "panel under the nose panel." .. My books don't eve show the trough with the big plastic bung below the front edge of the engine bay that is horizontal and visible when you tilt the lid open... You know the one impossible to clean out without a stick and a rag. because the leading edge of the lid is there when open... Amazing what niff-naff drives us away the the issues of the day... I'm going to clean out my OVC next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts