Alfa Romeo Forums banner
161 - 180 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1750 GTV
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Dampers finally arrived......Look the part.....anyone know how they are fitted/adjusted?!? No instructions included!

·
Registered
1750 GTV
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
All done rear end! Shortened straps, cut down bump stops, Alfaholics adjustable dampers, springs, Ali tee bar, top hats, calipers, discs and deriding pads. Lightened trailing arms, new brake lines, Rebuilt back LSD axle by Larry at APE. Should be all good to go!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Tilt the engine back as much as possible, put a piece of cardboard in between the engine and firewall, and two people can bench press the trans in place without much difficultly. If the yellow on the tranny mount is the urethane bushing that inserts in the rubber bushing, I just wanted to tell you that I tried this bushing years ago and it would pull the car out of gear. The stock bushing installed correctly is fine.

·
Registered
1750 GTV
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Major setback! Well it couldn’t all go to plan could it.....after all it is an Alfa!!! The PO had installed a crappy aluminium dash. In the process a roll cage had been installed (welded in) too. Having now completely restored the body I had left the roll cage in thinking it would be an OK addition to the look of what I am trying to recreate “ a gentleman’s road racer” However, the newly refurbed OE dash will not fit no matter how I try. This is due to the fact that the roll cage front sections don’t allow for the width of the original dash to pass!!! You have to have a bolted in roll cage for these cars for this reason. Only one thing for it! Cut out the front section of the roll cage without damaging anything in the process!!! 🥺

·
Registered
705 Posts
Get some 3M 05916 for spark protection. 33456 thin kerf cutting disks are good too. I have been there, it is stressful working on a finished car with nice paintwork.

161 - 180 of 221 Posts