Alfa Romeo Forums banner
201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1750 GTV
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
these cars deserve better electrics….. if you do it right then you’ll have years of trouble free motoring….. he says about a 50+ year old Italian car!😎👍

·
Registered
1750 GTV
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Wiring finally finished! I had to outsource this job to the pro’s as I didn’t want to inherit any of the 1960’s Alfa electrical problems! What a superb job! Everything works, and will be reliable for another 50 years!

·
Registered
1750 GTV
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Another slight setback.....Electricals that were planned for 2 weeks took 4 weeks! But the good news is they are EXCELLENT! However, it means I missed the slot I had for the upholstery guy. So now we cant make Concorso Italiano Monterey without an interior.....So I am going to do it myself! Can't be that hard right! I have already made the Rear seat delete, bought some leather to cover it, have repo door cards and a headliner. Have the chrome trim ready and waiting. So a bit of foam and some glue....should all be good, then glass can go in, add seats and the rebuilt doors can be fitted. It can be done....It can be done!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1750 GTV
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Rear seat delete all trimmed up in leather with polished stainless inserts. Very satisfied😎👍. Will fit after the headliner goes in next week

·
Registered
1750 GTV
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Rear seat delete in just need to finalise gaps on rear quarters but not bad for a beginner! Added the red leather roll bar covering too for the extra Italiano sizzle! 🇮🇹😎

·
Registered
1750 GTV
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Setback! Finally got to put the windshield in………….and it cracked! Bittersweet! I wanted to use the original for the “patina” but now I guess I have to buy a lighter, brighter, greater -and more expensive new one! This car is making me work hard to love it!

·
Registered
161 Posts
[James May] Oh C o c k! [/James May]

Hang in there though, you are almost there. I'd be inclined to keep the cracked screen in for now, drive it a bit and then have a "sweep up round" to fix all the inevitable niggles. If you are legally allowed to drive it like this where you are, of course.

·
Registered
1750 GTV
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
[James May] Oh C o c k! [/James May]

Hang in there though, you are almost there. I'd be inclined to keep the cracked screen in for now, drive it a bit and then have a "sweep up round" to fix all the inevitable niggles. If you are legally allowed to drive it like this where you are, of course.
Agreed!!! I have that same philosophy. All the hard jobs seem to be at the end of the build! Headliner, windscreen trim, door seals! I plan on getting it all put together for Monday so I can take it to get the suspension set up and then I’ll drive it home to start the process of ironing out all the niggles!

·
Registered
1750 GTV
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Result! All the glass is in! No more cracks!!! . All good! Allowing myself a pat on the back before fitting the dreaded doors!!

201 - 220 of 220 Posts