Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking Transport of a 73' GTV "roller", from Hartwell Ga. to Astoria Oregon. Looking for the cheapest quote. Bob Lesher

·
Administrator
12,568 Posts
That would one heck of a road trip!

Pete

·
Premium Member
14,007 Posts
There is a website, name I forgot, that allows you to put your job out to bid. I used it to get a motorcycle from New England to SC. You should be able to find it with a search.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Most shipping is accomplished using brokers. You contact them, such as UShip. They place the order out for bids. You are contacted by numerous bid offers to pick from. Costs vary by type of transporter enclosed or open. If car is immobile you pay extra. Auto transport is a loosely regulated service ranging from high end carriers that transport for car show, auctions, etc and a diesel pickup pulling a 4 car fifth wheel. They do not go in a straight line but rather zigzagging cross country dropping and picking up loads. I would anticipate a time line of 10-14 days coast to coast. I am having a Alfa transported from New Mexico to Oregon and bids ranged from $750 to $1600. If you use a low cost service they are likely a second tier broker who obtains a privateer hauler. You will pay the broker a fee for arranging the transport and the driver for hauling.
Cheers, Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts