Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, its been a long time since I've been on, and I'm in need of assistance.

I'm extremely close to finally pulling the motot/trans out of the car. The auto trans gear selector end is giving me one heckuva fight. I've got the small retaining pin out, but I cannot seem to get the larger round end off of the transmission lever.

Any tips? This has been stumping and stopping me and I really want to finally pull the motor after having the car for almost 2 years now.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
27,304 Posts
Hey fellas, its been a long time since I've been on, and I'm in need of assistance.

I'm extremely close to finally pulling the motot/trans out of the car. The auto trans gear selector end is giving me one heckuva fight. I've got the small retaining pin out, but I cannot seem to get the larger round end off of the transmission lever.

Any tips? This has been stumping and stopping me and I really want to finally pull the motor after having the car for almost 2 years now.

Thanks in advance.
By small retaining pin do up mean U-shaped wire clip that goes through two holes one on each side of ball or did it break in half and you only removed one half of it?

If that won't work I guess you can remov nut on shaft and pop lever off with cable attached.

If both halves removed just pop rounded cable end off ball with a forked tool or screwdriver.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, I've got the clip entirely removed, and I have tried using a screwdriver to no avail. I do have a body panel remover, so I may give that a shot before I remove the whole lever, I have a feeling that'll have to be the route I take.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts