Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
LOLOLOL!! DD, you can pull the gearbox in less than 3 hrs?? Man, you should make a DYI video and sell them here. Would take me a day or so, cuz you have to unbolt the bell housing, a BIG job. What are you, superalfaman??

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Leffe, is v good too, but harder to find. Plus, no "Munich beer hall" soul in it.....LOL

Spaten Optimator......7.5% alc, though! Ticitoci ticitoci Hoy Hoy Hoy......

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I'll do one better than that. Bring the trans by and I'll help you fix the trans for free. You will have to put in some sweat equity and an afternoon.
Yeah , go ahead, geezer. Make it look like you are giving a helping hand, when we know it is a guise for you getting a chance at all the fun involved.....maybe even an excuse for you NOT to be able to take the wife to the mall for Christmas shopping (chuckle)......Hey, if you want to cart it to FL, I can help too!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
DD still hasnt told me if that time limit included fighting with ripping apart the inside console to loosen the stick shifter.......Hey, Im planning for the future, here! Someday, I will have to redo the cra**y Alfa gearbox. And I know I can count on Geezer to "help"...LOL

Spaten/Leffe/Chimay.....no room for Busch beer here, DD........

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Joe Papa Sr
Great selection of beers and Florida, sounds pretty good as I sit here looking at the snow flurries.
Thanks, Steve. Right now, just ran out.....gotta get to Sam's Club for 2- 24 pks of Warsteiner, AND a new battery for my Honda civic.....dont wanna look like Im some kind of wino, just going there for beer....LOL. Im gonna shave 'fore I go, too......LOLOL

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
what's really involved in a rebuild? changing the synchros and what else.
I would think that you may want to have the 2nd and 3rd gears lightened at least. then don't forget the clutch and flywheel. Oh and yes the rear engine seal while you are at it. and of course check the condition of the clutch slave and respective hoses.
Dont forget to open up the case and replace all seals with maybe some Mil Spec Type III flexible aviation sealant. Avoid the Permatex brands. This is your chance to minimize the AWFUL leaky alfa gearboxes.

Clean the surfaces well with acetone/mineral spirits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.