Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found the answer to my question on gauges (I had made a diagram after all).

However, if you can answer the question on the following post, I would appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, here's a related question:

The three terminals on the back of the ignition switch are labeled "15/54", "30" and "50". When the switch is in the OFF position none are interconnected. When it is in the RUN position, "15/54" is connected to "30". When it is in the START position, all three are interconnected.

So, "50" obviously goes to the starter. But, which of "15/54" and "30" goes to the battery, and which to the coil? AHA you say, either of them could go to either place. Well, that might be true, if their current handling capabilities are the same. But, there may be some assymetry in there. I am guessing that it matters whether "15/54" or "30" goes to the battery.

Is this stuff documented anywhere? I have the repair manual, owners manual, and spare parts book. There is a schematic at the back of the owners manual, but no terminal nomenclature is included.

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to my Bosch Automotive Handbook "30" should be the input from the battery, "15/54" should go to the coil and accesories that are operative when the ignition switch is on and "50" goes to the starter solenoid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts