Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Alfa Romeo 75 2.0ts

My transaxle case broke and I need another one, I think the 2.0ts and v6 transaxle cases are the same but am not sure, If not I'll be interested in a whole transaxle.

Thanks

·
Richard Jemison
7,376 Posts
Transaxles

Internally the TS is similar to the late Milano 4.10. However there is a significant design difference in the front cover and clutch cover space wise relatibe to clutch shaft design etc.

You would at a minimum have to change out the clutch pivot, Sleeve over the input shaft, all the throwout mechanism and use the TS clutch and shaft/cover etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got a full transaxle sitting in my warehouse from a '79 Alfetta and it's in Fort Lauderdale.

I'm not sure if it will work for you but if yes, let me know.

Hampton

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Internally the transmission is fine, and so is the front. The rear where the caliper mounts is damaged and possibly the drivers side where the axle connects.

If you can walk me though making it so the v6 box will fit in the TS that would be awesome.

I am not sure the alfetta would work since I heard they have two different shift linkages.

·
Richard Jemison
7,376 Posts
Transaxles

The Alfetta is a totally different design with smaller R&P bearings, no LSD and different case.

If you find a TA it should be a platinum Milano to match internals of your box. Then you can swap over the needed parts on the front.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there a casting number or a way of identifying the type of casting? I have 3 or4 transaxle housing with no internals from the parts I bought from the old Boston dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts