Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Very nice but 6500 euros so.......I am still looking for interest in a proper straight tooth gearset for the 75 casing to fit alfetta/gtv6/75/milano etc I have a set to copy and if I can get a batch run cost should be around £2000-2500. maybe cheaper.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I have a set to copy and if I can get a batch run cost should be around £2000-2500. maybe cheaper.
How will you cover requirements of widely different engines from 150 hp to 350Hp with a batch run? There must be a lot of different ratios available if you want to cover the needs of different people!
A copy of the set you have will not cover the different needs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Its not the power requirements that really effect it, and ratios are easily sorted in a batch run, its all in the planning stage and individual requirements can be dealt with.There are multiple diff ratios that can be sourced. Autodelta ran pretty much the same boxes in the touring cars and rally cars 2.0 or 2.5v6. I have freinds running 3.8l with the old dealer team boxes (standard autodelta, 14/36, 17/31, 22/31, 27/31, 25/25.) and not having issues.
It would be nice if we could all be positive rather than negative. If you have the need of a specific cluster then what do you require and why? add to the discussion.

I require a 14/36, 17/31, 22/31, 27/31, 25/25 set with a 41/10 diff and another diff option. These are the set I am proposing making for the 75 casing with better shaft bearings. there are 4 or 5 other guys in the uk who are interested.

If there are any others let me know.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I have a shaft, seems to be the main shaft that connects to the clutch that is Autodelta with streight cut teeth. Nice conversation piece. I found it near a dumpster in Florida at a warehouse where an Alfa Racer used to have his shop. I am willing to part with it if it helps anyone.
PMed you.

Greg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts