Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was the person on the BB that was back cutting gears to lighten them rather than drill holes? I was having a discussion some time back about getting some machine work done and I can't find my book marks. If that person can contact me I would appreciate the effort.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Any competent machine shop in your area can perform this service for you, but if you get in a bind I'll be happy to help you out. I have done plenty of gears and also have a set in my GTV. Peter.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Performatek

Who was the person on the BB that was back cutting gears to lighten them rather than drill holes? I was having a discussion some time back about getting some machine work done and I can't find my book marks. If that person can contact me I would appreciate the effort.
RJ probably does a better job, but these folks seem to offer a competent gear lightening service for Alfa Romeo gears. It looks like their standard offering is undercut with drilled thru holes, but I'm sure you could ask them to undercut only:

Performatek - Online Catalog

·
Super Moderator
11,561 Posts
Right. Both Richard Jemison and I have had that experience. No holes in lightened gears anymore. Some foaming or froth is unavoidable because of rough parts moving through or in an oil film, but ADDING to the problem with holes is no longer considered a good option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts