Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a 1972 GT Junior and am keen to look into its history. I know it was delivered London on 13th April, 1972, but I don't know who originally sold it. Is there any way, other than HPI checks, to find history for classic vehicles in the UK?

·
Registered
1968 1750 GTV USA Bianco Spino
141 Posts
I've recently purchased a 1972 GT Junior and am keen to look into its history. I know it was delivered London on 13th April, 1972, but I don't know who originally sold it. Is there any way, other than HPI checks, to find history for classic vehicles in the UK?
The first thing is to contact Centro Storico to learn details of the car's production date, original spec and delivery to local Alfa headquarters or distributor. Then on you can contact Alfa Romeo UK to see if they have records of the car (easier in the UK as Alfa has a local office and not just a distributor and also never left unlike the USA).
If that comes out positive and you find out who the original dealer was you can reach out to them, if they are still in business, and see if they kept records from back then.
Also AROC UK could be of service as well if previous owner(s) were members.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Of the last 2 RHD 1300 GTJs made, both were sent to UK. One later came to Australia in 1974 and is still here. It was made 24th March 1972. It's body number was 1296169. This car is currently being restored
Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Steve, the chassis number of my vehicle is 1296177, does that mean it was one of the last built?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts