Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone say if Totally Alfa Tools (Somerset, UK) is still in business? I see that the website is still up, but it doesnt appear that any communications have passed there for a couple of years . . . one Aussie also claims to have "done my money" (?).

I purchased a Spica FI Pump Pulley locking tool from them 2 years ago but can't figure how the thing 's attached to the pump body. Can anyone help on this?

Cheers

Bob H
Nelson, BC
Canada

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bought a steering wheel puler from them a couple of months ago. Didn't receive it after a month so sent an email, quick response, puller came a couple of weeks later.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John: the pump drive pulley locking tool is used to 'lock' the index mark ("I") on the front of the injector pump body in a position directly opposite the index mark ("I") on the pump drive pulley . . . this indexing brings #1 piston to the desired 70 deg BTDC-- needed for precise pump timing. The tool is still available at Totally Alfa . . . just got email from Gary, proprietor there

Cheers

Bob H
Nelson, BC

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Whenever I've timed pumps, I've never had any problem just slipping the belt on and capturing the timing within a half spline.

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
The locking tool is to lock the pulley in place so the pulley retaining nut can be removed/installed (same principle as a flywheel locking tool, or a VVT locking tool, etc.).

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
That would make more sense, but using a metal rod or big screwdriver can immobilize the pulley enough to get the nut loose. However, the biggest problem is the pulley being seized to the tapered shaft.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim: thanks for your input, am honoured and privileged to be sure. By the way, now that you've resurrected may I ask: do you have, or can you recommend a source for one "contenitore" pn 105.08.13.624.00 and one "anello tenuta" pn 105.08.13.627.00. Sorry to be such a bother. Actually you supplied these very same parts to me a few years ago . . . used afterwards in a Rex Chalmers rebuild. I've got another '74 GTV 2.0L with same trans and same parts missing. Drats!!! And by the way your wiring diagram has been priceless. Will you still consider providing updated diagrams based on chassis #?

Cheers Bob Hennessy Nelson, BC

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
No problemo. :)
I'll check stock on the washer and seal over the weekend and let you know.
And yes, I still draw chassis specific wiring diagrams. Just PM me with your needs.

...the biggest problem is the pulley being seized to the tapered shaft.
Yep!!
So Alfa issued injection pump pulley puller tool A.3.0510 (as well as injection pump pulley centering guide A.2.0308).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You for the info. And please allow me one more question. After reading your and "Roadtrip"'s comments, I must ask: does the pulley locking tool play no part at all in fixing the positions of the two indexing marks ( "I") prior to remounting/replacing the pump drive belt? I guess not.
Geez . . . I guess I better make sure I can remove the pump pulley, and recenter it before I put on the new belt!
And Special Thanks to you and "Roadtrip" for the 'frightening' new insight

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anybody knows if TotallyAlfa is still in business ? For more than 4 weeks, I have no answer....

·
Push hard and live
10,180 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's out of business.

A couple of years ago, or so, he posted a note on his site that some personal business had come up that he had to attend, that he would fill all orders currently in-house, and be back in a few months,

Since then, nothing.

Occasionally spammers post something on his blog, but he's not replied to my queries, or to my knowledge, anyone else's. I worry for him. Nice and helpful fellow.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You won't hear from Totaly Alfa.

He's closed the business due to some family health issues sometime ago.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank you for your answers !

It's a sad story.

I think to him and to its family !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts