Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get - or have layin' around a set of Milano torsion bars they wanna sell/donate? I've looked around the FS section and am not having much luck. TIA

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
Man, I saw a set which were just thrown out, about a year ago or so. Could have had all for free. I do know of a "as new" set, including rear springs, for an 89 but you can't have them, lol. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when they measure the diameter, are they measured at the middle (thin part) or is the dimension at one end or the other? Thanx for you're offer!!! cheers, chris

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Torsion bar thickness

Hi Chris

Torsion bar thickness is measured in the middle of the bar or anywhere except the splined area. The splined area is always the same.

I've got a set of Milano torsion bars but I assume shipping to Italy is a deal breaker. PM if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
that's what I thought, measure in the middle. Mine are 16mm believe it or not and I'm looking for a set of thicker ones but not so thick as to really mess up the car as it is very light (2150lbs) with it's lil 4 banger. It's a hoot to drive so at this point its just an idea. It gets his new tires and wheels this week and tho "only 14's" will no doubt be a vast improvement over the 13's and the Michelin MVX that I believe are original to the car. I went with the max size the car was originally fitted with. In other words, the size the title says is the max allowable for the car as per Alfa engineers.

I will send a PM tho cause they could be shipped to my son and he can get them to me. ciao, jc

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
I wonder what the comparative weights are for the drive trains, ie, relative front/rear stiffness?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts