Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I need to upgrade my GTV springs. I like the idea of the performatek 33mm torsion bars.
The problem is it's a street car and they aren't recommended for street use.
Is this a real problem? Would the chassis tear or something? I need stiffness and don't want 27mm bars.
I heard a while ago that there were 30mm torsion bars available. Are these from Beninca?
Edit: car also takes part in hillclimb once a month and the race circuits about 5 times a year.

Edit: just called Joe Beninca and they have 30mm torsion bars for the early GTV6 ($600AU) and rear springs ($350).
Also inquired about a close ration transaxle they have for $7000. A bit out of my pricerange.

·
Registered
883 Posts
When I last spoke with Andy at Performatek, he indicated that it's possible for him to get torsion bars made in virtually any diameter. I'm not sure if a custom job costs big coin or what shipping them to you would cost, but it might be worth contacting him to get the details.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
faster.se has 30mm torsion bars for 450 USD.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm using 28.5 from Pace with 200lb rears. Not sure I'd want to go any stiffer in a road car - don't think the shell would cope without a full cage.

I've heard good reports about 27s in 4 cyl, but don't know aanybody who runs them in a 6. I probably would have fitted 27s had they been available.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna ring Vince in the new year to talk about what he recommends for a road car.
GTV6 won't be driven that much because the 75 is my work/daily driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts