Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hi Simon

I got my first torque wrench from Harbor Freight for $25, because it is cheap (and I am CHEAP)
First time I used it, it broke, doesn't "CLICK" at all.

I flew to Sears and bought a $70 Torque Wrench - 10 - 75 ft/lb and live happily ever after. And the adjusting the setting is so easy, just turn and lock.

I just went to the www.craftsman.com they're having sale on

Craftsman Microtork® Wrench, 1/2 in. Drive 20-150 ft./lbs.
Sears Item #00944562000
Mfr. Model #44562

only $42.88

WOW
:eek:

I wonder if anything on an Alfa requires a torque wrench less than 20 or more than 150 ft/lbs
Maybe the crank pulley??

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Haha!! :D

67GTV said:
Heimeng,
I wonder if you and I are the only Alfa-heads that shop at Harbor Freight. :)

I bought their 1/2" torque wrench and it works fine.

I think we got the same one. Mine broke the first time I use it. Well, Made in China - what do u expect.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Rosemead @ Foothill? :D

I've bought three set of Pittsburg (?) wrenches from them already. My friend just keep stealing my wrenches. For $10, i just buy a new set when they take it.

They have a funny smell in the store that kinda makes you buy stuff.

jthraen said:
Sorry guys, you aren't the only ones shopping at Harbor Freight. I have been there three times in the last two weeks.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Re: Rosemead at Foothill or is it Foothill at Rosemead?

I went there mostly on weekdays and still always took me 30 mins to check out (with only 3-4 people in line). :confused:

I just wish their customer service is a little bit better and quicker. :D

There was once a F355 there and all the employees went out to see the car. Nobody was at the register. Another 40 minutes wait. :(

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Gotcha. :D

Hmmm.... do they have something like 20mm or 30mm drive wrenches?
Or are they all 3/8 or 1/2 drive in other parts of the world even if they use metric (?) system. :confused:

smestas said:
Chan,

I bought two different wrenches only because I needed two different torque ranges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.