Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to find a torque value for the 2 front bolt/nuts on the cam cover. Ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Here you go

And there will be a "closed book" test this Friday...

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
FWIW, I have never torqued them in all my years. Just snugged them down by feel and rechecked periodically.
Never had an issue with leakage other than when some fiber washers from an unnamed vendor in Texas disintegrated in less than a year. Even then, after replacing the wasters without removing and replacing the gasket resulted in no more leakage

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
FWIW, I have never torqued them in all my years. Just snugged them down by feel and rechecked periodically.
Never had an issue with leakage other than when some fiber washers from an unnamed vendor in Texas disintegrated in less than a year. Even then, after replacing the wasters without removing and replacing the gasket resulted in no more leakage

I was going to say the same thing but he sounded
like a guy that "just wants the faces mam"..;)

Reactions: vbisbest

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
I was going to say the same thing but he sounded
like a guy that "just wants the faces mam"..;)
You are showing your age with that quote! :LOL:
FYI, i know him and he lives about 45 minutes from me. I helped him pull the cylinder head recently so I have a vested interest in it running correctly now. ;)

Reactions: vbisbest

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Worth a torque wrench to do them, I cracked the the valve cover once because I over torque them, now I newer go over 6 lbs of torque on those two bolts.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You are showing your age with that quote! :LOL:
FYI, i know him and he lives about 45 minutes from me. I helped him pull the cylinder head recently so I have a vested interest in it running correctly now. ;)
When I first read your response I thought you were referring to Sg. Friday when you said you helped him work on his car (recenty) . Then I looked it up and Jack would be 101 years old this last Apr 2 this year. So I figured out that I was wrong..
RIP Sargant Friday

If you want to read the rest of the story..

Great memories, I loved his walk.. The original "Lurch".

·
Registered
8,946 Posts
Curtain things are left to feel... like going to a drive-in theater .. (sorry if you missed that action ..newbies) 1/8-1/4 turn same with spark plugs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts