Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went looking through the manual and I just cant remember what the correct procedure is for adjusting the upper engine mount. Should it be pushing the engine forwards, pulling the engine towards the firewall, or somewhat nuetral in the middle? thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I do not "tension" the dogbone at all, but I have a poly bushing at the large end. If I were to tension it one way or the other it would induce (more) vibration into the cabin. I would just adjust the turnbuckle to make the holes line up and be done, even with an original rubber bushing. Others may have their own method but, this has worked well for me with all the other mounts in new condition except the tranny mount, which seems to last the longest.
Charles

·
Premium Member
26,887 Posts
I do not "tension" the dogbone at all, but I have a poly bushing at the large end. If I were to tension it one way or the other it would induce (more) vibration into the cabin. I would just adjust the turnbuckle to make the holes line up and be done, even with an original rubber bushing. Others may have their own method but, this has worked well for me with all the other mounts in new condition except the tranny mount, which seems to last the longest.
Charles

DITTO, I second that opinion.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adjusted the upper engine mount just so that the bolt can slip in easily and magically most of the vibrations I was having are gone. There still is a slight vibration when idling probably due to the polyurethane bushings. thanks guys

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Absolutely, I have a slight vibration with my poly bushing, which bothered me at first, but I don't really think about it much anymore. It does make for a better shifting car and keeps the engine firmly in place, which is a big improvement over a rocking engine/tranny and should last a long time. IMHO.
Charles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts