1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the torque for:

1. Inlet manifold to cylinder head;
2. Aluminium carburettor mounts to manifold;

Both threads are M8 or 13mm socket size so I though that 18 LB ft (25 Nm) should be ok.

Does anyone know - there are no factory tech specs that I have been able to find for this.

A reference would also be useful...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I couldn't find any either but done mine last weekend myself after a garage botched it up. Ended up squeeking on tickover and found number two was taking in air.

This time i took the precaution of coating the gaskets lightly with a silicon gasket sealer. Brought the torque up very carefully across all the 13mm nuts evenly. I don't know what the setting was but found that after 5 minutes they all settled down (maybe the gasket compressing or seating itself) and needed a further tighten up. Have given it a good run out for a few hundred miles and all looks good and no leaks.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,632 Posts
It's a "feel" you develop over time, that tightness that is slowly brought to bear starting with the wrench on the nut, your hand on the wrench, the pressure the wrench exerts on your hand and then the muscles in your arm exerting the right amount of force back to the nut. That is of course everything is spotlessly clean and flat. I've sometimes put a very light coat around the water jacket passages, never had any problem with the ports. I'd like to see the torque wrench that could be used on the inner top two nuts on a spica manifold.

·
Premium Member
22,973 Posts
Typical 8mm torque is like 12-18 lbs; there are standard tables of torques by bolt/nut size. Some of these nuts would be hard to get a wrench on, as stated above.
Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts