Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another new guy checking in. I am looking forward to becoming a member of the "club" soon, as I am searching for a Spider (an '86 to '90, series 3).

I am consistantly checking autotrader.ca. Soon I will make a trip down to Toronto (I live in Ottawa) to look at whichever cars I can track down. Can someone please suggest where I can take a potential purchase to have it checked out by an Alfa expert?

Any and all advice welcome.

A huge thanks to those in Ottawa who have been giving me great advice.
Jeremy

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Pino at
Pinarello Motori
320 Hanlan Rd.
Unit 18
Woodbridge, ON
Canada

and George at
Fine Motors
2 Elrose
Toronto, ON M9M 2H6

are two that come to mind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As far as Alfa Mechanics go, I go to Mike Tibollo on #10 Strada at Pine Valley Drive in Woodbridge.
His number is 905-856-2431.
He gives me free advise on the phone all the time and talks like he's looking at the car every second he's on the phone.
Smart guy and all he ever does is Alfas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another new guy

I don't know anything about Alfa's but I think I would like to try and find a GTV, 1960-1970. Either for the street or for vintage racing. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Jeronimo.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Hi Jeronimo....have you already spoken to other ALFA guys running in the VARAC events about their cars and the pros/cons therein? that would be my starting point if I were consideirng running a vintage ALFA. I would also start a separate thread so that guys can reply to you more directly. At the moment your question is hidden inside Jenjer's thread and so you may not get any response from other ALFA racers who are AlfaBB members as well....which there are many.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys. I am a VARAC member racing a 1962 Lotus Super Seven. I saw a lovely Alfa GTV racing the other weekend and I thought wow! It would be nice to hace one for the street or to race.
Sorry, I don't know how to start a new thread....let me know how.
Jeronimo.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Jeronimo,
That GTV belongs to Joe Cannella who runs Hamilton Auto Service. You could try talking to him to see if he knows of any available since he services them. There isn't much available locally. Your best bet is probably to find a US car.
Normally I would say decide if you want a race or street car and buy accordingly, but most of the US Race cars we see listed aren't VARAC legal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have an older model sports car or enjoy seeing them don't forget VARAC will present the Car Show on Sunday morning, with all participants getting a chance to drive around the historic circuit. Entry Fees are $20/day, but only $35 for the 3 day weekend (including camping) if you register at www.mosport.com . If you are in a pre-1980 car coming to take part in the Sunday car show, the cost is just $20 per car, including all occupants. E nter through Gates #3 on Saturday and Gate #6 on Sunday only. Check www.varac.ca

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jeremy

Are you still in the market for a spider - '86 or up? I might have something you could be interested in. Let me know - I'm in Toronto, but the car is US registered. 1988 black, body good condition, inside OK (carpet and seats tatty). 100k miles. drives nice - had it for 6+ years. has all receipts.

Another new guy checking in. I am looking forward to becoming a member of the "club" soon, as I am searching for a Spider (an '86 to '90, series 3).

I am consistantly checking autotrader.ca. Soon I will make a trip down to Toronto (I live in Ottawa) to look at whichever cars I can track down. Can someone please suggest where I can take a potential purchase to have it checked out by an Alfa expert?

Any and all advice welcome.

A huge thanks to those in Ottawa who have been giving me great advice.
Jeremy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts