Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched an episode where the three hosts build and race amphibious vehicles. I cried laughing. Literally cried. Funniest thing I've ever seen on TV. Not ha, ha. I cried. I hope they replay the episode so everyone can see it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I just discovered Top Gear. What a hoot! Even the wife will watch. No more monday night football in this house.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I liked the fact that May's amphibicar was the only one that actually touched the ramp at the end of the run. They should have left Jeremy to his own devices and let him put two outboards on the back of the hilux, it would have sunk the moment it touched the water.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just watched an episode where the three hosts build and race amphibious vehicles. I cried laughing. Literally cried. Funniest thing I've ever seen on TV. Not ha, ha. I cried. I hope they replay the episode so everyone can see it.
-
-
-
-

This should do ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spent my lunch hour watching the videos again. I got to hear some lines I missed the first time, probably due to laughter. When the sailor encourages his vessel with the phrase "come on you bicth," I wound up crying again.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I love that episode too, certainly one of their funnier ones. The Triumph sail boat was hilarious.

·
Registered
257 Posts
check out the episode where they rework various cars (including an alfa if memory serves) into stretch limos, then go and pick up celebs in them...should be on youtube...very entertaining.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I wonder whose 13,000 quid outboard motor that was that wound up upside down underwater. That was hilarious.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Why the heck don't we have a US equivalent of Top Gear?

There was actually an article in the LA Times. Top Gear started out as a more mundane show reporting on new cars and then morved slowly over the decades (Yes, it exists that long) into what it is today.

The LA Times went on saying that a show like that probably would have a hard time. The Top Gear guys are excessive with their praise when they really like a car (Ever seen their test ride of the F430?) and extremely brutal when they don't - Too much litigation potential in this country.

Nevertheless, these guys are hilarious and know their stuff. My favorite: They had to buy an Italian, midengined supercar for under 10k pounds and drive them from London to Bristol for a series of challenges. They had pretty awfully run down Dino 308GT, Maser Merak and a Lambo Urraco - on Youtube under "Cheap Supercars" - Priceless.

·
Registered
9 Posts
the stretch limo episode season 9 episode 6 was the best episode ive seen so far. the alfa and saab mixed together was by far the best. but sif drive it from the saab end. although the alfas steering wheel did fall off lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
Top Gear

the stretch limo episode season 9 episode 6 was the best episode ive seen so far. the alfa and saab mixed together was by far the best. but sif drive it from the saab end. although the alfas steering wheel did fall off lol
I wish my steering wheel was that easy to get off when I replaced it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
some times i don't like what they say or agree with it
but either way its a good laugh
i love top gear :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
That is one of my fav episodes.. the latest was pretty **** good as well, Clarkson and May become the first to drive to the North Pole... yes DRIVE to the NORTH POLE!

All the Top Gear episodes for the last few years and also many 5th Gear are available for download here: http://www.finalgear.com/shows/

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is one of my fav episodes.. the latest was pretty **** good as well, Clarkson and May become the first to drive to the North Pole... yes DRIVE to the NORTH POLE!

All the Top Gear episodes for the last few years and also many 5th Gear are available for download here: http://www.finalgear.com/shows/
I use this website as well. When I can't download Top Gear, I switch over to Fifth Gear although it isn't as entertaining. Video quality wise finalgear.com can't be beaten, It's not far from DVD Quality.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts