Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still watching it... it's fantastic

For the Alfa Challenge Clarkson bought a 75, May picked up a GTV (2L TS), and Hammond a Series 3 Spider.

Best Clarkson quote so far...

"This is the thing you have to remember, Alfa built a car to be as good as a car can be... briefly"

-Raffi

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks Jamie,

After watching the show, I think I'll sell my Alfa before something else breaks on it! Just joking. When I bought my Alfa it was not running. My wife said, "I can't believe you purchased a car that does not start!" Which I replied, "Alfas aren't suppose to start every day!"

On your side of the pond, do people really like Alfas as much as the Top Gear boys or are they just odd.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I repeat,
An Alfa is the best looking car you will ever see broken down on the side of the road.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,017 Posts
I repeat,
An Alfa is the best looking car you will ever see broken down on the side of the road.
I agree they are good looking . . . anywhere. Is the broken down part (if it's even abnormally high) a reflection of the car or the driver(s)?????? We like to think they are Ferrari's but many seem to treat them like old Chevy's.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can see Top Gear on BBC America (most cable companies carry it) on Monday evenings and some time Sunday afternoons, along with other Beeb favs.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,017 Posts
It's on cable, BBC (CH229 in Houston). Just watched two episodes this evening.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I just watched all 4 episodes and have been ROTFLMAO! :D Thanks for posting this guys!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I just watched all 4 episodes and have been ROTFLMAO! :D Thanks for posting this guys!

I am fairly certain Enrique was driving the Verde when it got flipped!:D

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More Alfa Romeo love on Top Gear tonight!

Jeremy starts the episode by driving an 8C

Best Clarkson Quote so far:

"Some cars have tuned exhausts, so the noise they make is as fake as a hooker's smile... but this sounds real, this sounds fantastic!"

-Raffi

1 - 20 of 23 Posts