Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm after a top dead centre gauge (factory tool # C.6.0122) or equivalent for my 105 GTV 2000 (1974).

I can get a dial gauge anywhere however what is less easily determined is the length of the gauge needle.

I thought of using an old park plug and just removing the innards and chopping the top off the plug - but does anyone know of the distance between the top of #1 piston at TDC and the bottom of a spark plug housing? It makes it hard to know what needle length to buy.

Any suggestions?

I did consider http://totallyalfa.com but I think they are no longer in business or their trading has been suspended for a while due to the family ill health of it's owner.

Keywords: TDC ; Top Dead Centre Gauge; Top Dead Center

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,273 Posts
I, uh, use a bamboo chopstick.

Reactions: sbadaro

·
Premium Member
14,944 Posts
Here is mine. It works for a range of pistons from flat top Motronics to 10.6 Venolias. The Dial gauge is a slight interference fit in the bottom of the spark plug bore which I think was a Golden Lodge.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,944 Posts
The DTI was made in the same country as the chop stick.

·
Premium Member
5,521 Posts
I'm after a top dead centre gauge (factory tool # C.6.0122) or equivalent for my 105 GTV 2000 (1974).

I can get a dial gauge anywhere however what is less easily determined is the length of the gauge needle.

I thought of using an old park plug and just removing the innards and chopping the top off the plug - but does anyone know of the distance between the top of #1 piston at TDC and the bottom of a spark plug housing? It makes it hard to know what needle length to buy.

Any suggestions?

I did consider Aftermarket Tools for your Alfa Romeo TwinSpark, JTS, JTD, V6 and Twin Cam Engines :: TotallyAlfa but I think they are no longer in business or their trading has been suspended for a while due to the family ill health of it's owner.

Keywords: TDC ; Top Dead Centre Gauge; Top Dead Center
I have a C.6.0122 that i will sell if your interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts