Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a very nicely reconditioned 76 Spider Veloce. However, it is missing the two fasteners for attaching the top hold-down straps and attaching the straps to the conv. top boot.
My problem it that any parts supplier that I inquire to simply replies, 'no problem, just get them from your local upholsterer!'...Well, I can estimate the size that they need to be by the anchors on the vehicle body, as well as the holes in the boot straps, but what the heck do they look like? :confused:

Can someone PLEASE post a picture of one of these 'turn-buttons' so that I may show it/ refer to it? - Particularly to help me with general dimensions (especially length).

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I just purchased a very nicely reconditioned 76 Spider Veloce. However, it is missing the two fasteners for attaching the top hold-down straps and attaching the straps to the conv. top boot.
My problem it that any parts supplier that I inquire to simply replies, 'no problem, just get them from your local upholsterer!'...Well, I can estimate the size that they need to be by the anchors on the vehicle body, as well as the holes in the boot straps, but what the heck do they look like? :confused:

Can someone PLEASE post a picture of one of these 'turn-buttons' so that I may show it/ refer to it? - Particularly to help me with general dimensions (especially length).

Thanks!!!
If no one posts a picture this evening, I'll make sure I do so tomorrow morning...

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Isn't this what Centerline lists as part # CT783?
Regardless, you might look at the parts for sale listing on the bb and/or request these particular parts from somebody who is selling the bits you need.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Sorry Joe

:D I wasn't trying to stiff you out of $6 sale by suggesting used parts. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
You ought to be able to get these from your local marine store like West Marine or equivalent. Local canvas shop probably has them too. Used alot on boat covers and the like.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Turn buttons

pretty standard item, usually can be found in any hardware store. Look in the boxes where they have loose nuts, bolts, etc. usually they will also have these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts