Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am repairing the soft top cover that you put on to cover up the soft top.

I need a handful of the white plastic clips and a few of the metal hardware pieces that go with them.
My question however.
About a third of the way along the inside circumference of the cover there are two black buttons that must have held something i no longer have. I am guessing it is a strap of some kind that may clip to the two buckles affixed to the wall below the soft top.
Is this correct?
I see centreline offers a #36007 strap. Is this what i need?
Do they need to be sewn in or affixed by a special tool?

Thanks

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
Kreskin wants to know if this is an S1 or later. . . . I assume later?? This makes a difference.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a '79 in very original condition (bought it from the original owner, a genuine little old lady). I've never used it, but I'll take a look at the cover over the weekend and let you know what I see.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
I can't help on a S2+, only S1. Different set-up. For sure others will, lots of S2+'s.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 78 cover has two straps with oval shaped grommets at the end. This connects to the base of the rubber bungee type strap that hooks to the top's frame when down. That base has an oval pin that spins. When turned 90 degrees the oval shape holds the strap in place.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting a look at this, but Kyle already gave you the correct answer. In return for the slow speed, I did get some pic's, though.

The strap on the cover:

The hold-down strap and buckle at the bottom where the cover attaches in the ****pit:

A closeup of the buckle, in closed position:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response Rob and Kyle and all.... I now understand.
I found the bungee straps intact and on my car. Didn't even know they were there, hiding under the top.
My cover is missing the two straps. Guess there is not much I can do about that
Thanks again

·
Registered
118 Posts
One of my straps pulled off the rivet that holds it to the cover and with out it the covers gets some air underneath and flaps a round a little bit. I think mine can just be refastened or rivited. Maybe you can have a couple of staps made by an upholstry shop. My strap is 1" wide and four inches long. After it is fastened to the top about three inches extend past the cover. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts