Alfa Romeo Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

· Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Actually, standing under a car is a whole lot more work than sitting.. especially at my age.. and i would half bet that a majority of the full height lifts get used that way.
That's how son Mike and I did the driveline work on his GTV 6, with a couple of roll around stools. Not a bad way to do it, either. The cross beam in the garage supporting the second floor joists prevented us from raising the coupe up far enough to stand. The Spider-- no problem, just drop the top and both windows and take it up.

Reactions: tompinky

· Registered
3,322 Posts
These are the top drawers in my Sears rolling box I use every day.

A random mixture of Snap-on, old Craftsman, old S-K, NAPA Carlyle 1/4" sets, some weird specialized bits for Audis and Volvos, some impacts for specific jobs, some old English stuff from high school still, my beloved Snap-on clicker torque wrench, and an old breaker bar from the bargain bin because mine broke on a 356 crankshaft nut.

These get me by for most DIY jobs I do.
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Wind instrument Woodwind instrument Electronic instrument

The skinny screwdriver drawer! Awls, picks, torx drivers, woodworking stuff, worn out old stuff (why do we keep those?) Many missing - scattered through the house and kitchen.. (?)
Tool Office supplies Metalworking hand tool Hand tool Wood

Skinny bike wrenches, micro 4-7mm combos, a stack of old English size combos I never use, big size metric combos and boxes for specific tasks, a Snap-on combo set to 18mm, brake wrenches, and a Kobalt set of those very handy ratcheting box ends (but I hate Lowes and Home Depot). The heads are kind of wide, but if they fit they're great. Like cranking those tall nuts up the threaded rod to put 105 springs back in!
Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Musical instrument Auto part Gas

Then there's a drawer of just pliers and cutters and channel-locks. Then hammers and filter wrenches and ball-joint separators and boxed tools that fit in a drawer.

· Registered
293 Posts
Hydraulic press, major improvement to quality of life and vast expansion of work you can do. 30 gallon air compressor, paint guns, angle grinder, welder... heck I'm pretty sure I'd never be without any tool in my garage. If I didn't need it, it would be in the trash.

Reactions: alfaloco
61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.