Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
change. After a few days, I noticed the car is stalling at the stop light, a few days later, I having a harder time keeping the car running in park in my driveway. Saw what is a newbie to do? Start looking around, everything look ok. I check the oil, look ok to me at max level. Try to drive harder, getting it to 5000rpm, still having the same problem. Did some search on the board here, lots of different advices, some too complication for me to understand. Planning to bring back to the mechanic but really have no time for that.
I look at the oil again, thinking, thinking. Maybe there is too much oil, so I drive some of it so it is more like half way between min and max. Turn the car on, it fires up, no stalling at idle, went for a spin around the neighbor without any problem, stop at a few stoplight without any problem. I am now a happy spider!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just as a point of information..isn't the town of Clinton where Danamora Prison is? i was oce offered a job at the place...turned it down. .....................

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,450 Posts
Car should run fine with oil at max (assuming the dipstick is set up properly so max is 7-8qts). Maybe clean out the oil vapor separator (OVS)? They frequently clog up and if that's plugged I suppose it might cause issues like you described. Anyway, can't hurt.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a Mid State correctional facility (I think many famous NY murders are imprisoned here) near here but not in Clinton, NY, more famous for Hamilton College.
Maybe I should clean out the oil vapor separator if I know where it is. Is it something that I might have cleaned without knowing? Can you show me a picture of it? Thanks.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,450 Posts
Lots of pics and posts. Do a search for "oil vapor separator" and you'll find a lot of details. It's a black can-shaped thing on the right side of the car with some hoses going to it. You can pull it out and flush it with various solvents to get the gunk and rust out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, there is a Clinton Prison (danamora prison) located in Clinton County, NY. That is very far from Clinton, NY.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the picture! Mine was converted to a weber's but I recognized the OVS in your picture.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clinton,NY is famous mostly for Hamilton college. There is no prison and I do not think they could have filmed the Green mile here. Actually there might be a connection if you think that Stephen King's daughter living down the street from me.
I took your recommendation and cleaned the vas. Man, it was dirty with some rusty liquid inside. Should I just replace this? Sound like something is broken inside. Took the spider out just 15 min ago ,it is better. The best part was riding with top down with almost clear sky with a full moon . I'm so addicted to this experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts