Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete custom Tonneau cover setup for Spider - fits any Spider with seat headrests. Includes all stainless trim with snaps for doors and around back of cabin. Heavy-duty tan canvas, fully lined, with central zip and storage bag.

This is not a boot (to cover the folded top) - it’s a tonneau cover. Custom made by previous owner, hardly used, I’ve never taken it out of the bag. Pictures show SS trim and tan tonneau. The last picture, installed, is not my car but shows the same style in black. $350 plus postage from So Cal.

David O’D
Laguna CA
Snaps L.jpg Snaps R.jpg Snaps R & Rear.jpg Snaps Overall.jpg Tonneau Fabric.jpg Tonneau Example.jpg

·
Registered
87 Alfa Spider Quad
35 Posts
How long does it take to set it up? Can it be stored in the trunk with the frame inside the canvas or does it have to be assembled each time you want to use it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dan -

Nothing to it. Once the stainless steel trim pieces are installed, you snap on the tonneau cover (5-10 minutes) You either unzip half of it (to drive with the passenger side still covered), or unsnap all the fabric. There is no 'frame'. The cover folds up onto a small bag about 12" square & 4" thk. and fits in the trunk or the rear shelf. See the next-to-last picture.

David OD
Laguna CA

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There were two ball studs up front by the two center air vents. They are included.

David OD

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
just trying to understand how this item fits.

to fit those special ss trim bits with the snap buttons....I guess you basically need to remove the soft top?
then replace the original ss trim along the back and the 2 sides with the custom trim pieces.
correct?
sort of like like here
rear studs.jpg

what about along the top of the doors? is this attached with velcro or does the top ss trim need to be replaced as well

Looks a nice quality item, lot better than that black pvc one in the photo on the red alfa.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right. The SS trim is all factory original, shiny, no kinks; the previous owned had a professional upholestry shop add the snaps. I had Stewart at APC swap it out, 200 or 300.

The previous owner paid over $1000 for the setup.

David O'D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts