Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a "62 Transitin Spider:

The toggle lever I'm talking about is the undercarriage lever which makes the three rods move when pushing down on the pedals.

The toggle lever I'm missing is 1365.66.721...I believe. The missing rod is #8 (page 261) and take your choice on VIN number though it won't be be stamped on the rod.

·
Registered
8,946 Posts
I have two toggle levers that are restored.. I'll post pics.. i do not have the rods.. Toggle is $75 shipped to you .. It has a new bushing and most are frozen solid ... The sleeve that holds the bolt runs on a long brass bushing to hold grease.

002.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really appreciate your offering me the toggle lever. I assume both of your restored toggle levers are the same.

Once again, how much for part + shipping?

Do you or anyone have a source for the ends of the rod? At least I have a photo of it with the other two rods so I should be able to get the bends and length pretty accurately.

·
Registered
8,946 Posts
There are two rods.. The one from the pedal box is a hollow tube for more rigidity as it is straight . The one from the toggle to the clutch has bends which gives clearances and rigidity.. Toggle $ 75 shipped as per my post #2... PP address is rlesn in your pp files.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I not correct in there three 'rods - the straight tube one which attaches to the MC; a shorter rod; then a longer rod on the right goes over the tranny's mount. It is longer and the bends are somewhat tighter?

I have the straight tube type which has the same size ends and the other is the shorter one.

justcallmefred, are you talking about original bent rods or simply rod stock. If bent I'll take it. However I happen to have the exact size rod material to make one - not looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
divoandtralee, please let me know in basic English how much you want for part and shipping. You're welcome to use my [email protected].

1 - 10 of 10 Posts