Alfa Romeo Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Fantastic!

It’s amazing how a coat of epoxy primer changes things, you know you’re on the way back up now. It just gets better from here

Colour is subjective, personal.. but whatever the heck you do - PLEASE NOT RED!!

Look at the current colour Alfa colours, ask your GF/other half
I’m going AR Misano blue pearl (as found on the new Stelvio/Giulia QF)

No way I’m going back to Pininfarina red. There are more red Alfa’s now than left the factory :)

(Enjoy Budapest, beautiful city)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Not red and not pearlescent Misano blue either. I am liking the period dark colors (blue, green, etc...) but she's most likely going to stay black.
Day two in Budapest... Nice and sterile... I'm too used to dust and filth

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
The spider project pretty much skipped over August. I was busy discovering American muscle in Vienna (of all places) and the true shades of green in Slovenia, and the body guy decided to take a sabatical for as long as I am away...
But the last two days have been... Well, you judge : DSC_2904.jpg DSC_2982.jpg DSC_2994.jpg DSC_3014.jpg DSC_3033.jpg

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
A little bit of Budapest and our gracious hosts, Abudi Honig in Vienna and Rudi Gale in Slovenia below DSC_2867.jpg DSC_2747.jpg DSC_2706.jpg DSC_2202.jpg DSC_2305.jpg

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Old school Abu Mazen... Says this is how he talks to metal and I need to get of his back while he does...
Well, looks like the metal is listening, because I did go and compare it to the lone series II sister in town and, sure enough, Abu Mazen's pounding and beating has brought the front back to within millimeters from the original curves and creases on the spider when it left Arese... If it works... DSC_3009.jpg DSC_3016.jpg DSC_3036.jpg DSC_3039.jpg DSC_3059.jpg

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Much has happened since September, not all of it good but now that things are moving again you guys deserve an update.
For starters, I fired the original "independent contractor" metal guy, his royal majsty Abu Mazen, early in October. Craftsmen with "sensitive " temperment and no sense of scheduling or commitment belong in weather-sheltered ateliers, not where their media sits scantly lifted on a couple of barrels in an outside pathway with nothing but a piece of cloth seperating it from the elements... He goes and skips 3 weeks in spite of pleading with him to finish the body work and take indoors to be painted before the rain hits... Sure enough, it ends up raining and the man-child shows up the next morning to "finish-up" his work... Out the door he went.
Got another gentleman to tidy-up behind him... He did cover-up some of the crappy acetylene welds as best as could be done (without having to warp the panels or undo the welds), and did clean up at least one spot where the old fart welded over a rusted panel because he was too lazy to clean up the old gommet covering the oxidized metal.
With the metal pretty much "ok", got the suspension painted then came the long wait to get the underbody and inners prepped to put the wheels back on and move the car... Sure enough, 3 weeks of "will start on it tomorrow" passed before I pulled the poor girl out of its chamber of horrors and moved it to a paint shop across the street last week.
Things finally started moving. The shop is relatively small and the guy needs my girl finished and out the door to make room for other cars.
Most of the botched-up plastic surgery is now hidden behind a (hopefully) thin layer of filler, and the left side isn't fighting for attention with the right side, and the front end isn't trying to scratch the back side, the spider is now about ready to get painted.
Now that much of the "original originality" has gone out the window and the shell is mostly made of metal which hasn't ever been remotely close to Milano, I'm pretty much resolved to give her a more "contemporary" metallic look instead of its original nero.
Thinking Blu Montecarlo (092),which to my eyes is a shade darker than Blu Misano (356) and, I don't know, may be a tad more reserved and fitting the age of the old girl.
What do you guys think?
DSC_3599.jpg
DSC_3602.jpg
DSC_3600.jpg
DSC_3603.jpg
DSC_3586.jpg
received_564189951078596.jpg
received_537310763719517.jpg
Screenshot_20191121-152304.jpg
Screenshot_20191121-152610.jpg
DSC_3522.jpg

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Just in case you don't know and she is not going to be black, they were originally body coloured underneath including wheel arches.

I think is going to be black though :)
Pete

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Just in case you don't know and she is not going to be black, they were originally body coloured underneath including wheel arches.

I think is going to be black though :)
Pete
Black originally (so the inners painted AR601) ... Monte Carlo blue for a "modern twist" on the old girl's outer coat . Can always go back to black down the road without having to strip her down to bare shell.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts