7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the community !
I have a purpose from a person that owns the car at the photos

the engine exists and the harness wiring loom
and everything from interior.
seat panels blankets etc
There is nothing missing
the car was dissampled for racing purpose and as you can a roll cage installed.
the project abandoned and the car is for sale about 1000 euros.

how to you see it ?general speaking of course.
it is worth to be saved ?
what is the future of this car?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
You can find a complete car that is in much better running shape for a reasonable amount. That car is a lot of time and cash at a cost more than the car will ever be worth. Just my opinion and not ment to discourage but to give another thought. Good luck

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I think its a 4 cyl with GTV6 bonnet. Tell are the exhaust runners, and also the spare wheel 4 bolts. Also battery is in the trunk on the GTV6, while here it seems its in the front.

I am sure the car can be saved, but you will never get back the money invested in the rebuild. So it would be a waste.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you decide to bring it back to life, I should be able to supply any missing bits. Otherwise, it looks like there are a lot of good parts on it that could be sold off. Even the rust-free shell could be valuable to someone considering repairing a terminally rusted Alfetta. As the engine bay is empty, a V6 might be an option. But don't know how involved the engine swap might be.

·
Premium Member
15,537 Posts
Should be saved. Would make an interesting "kit" project with someone with the time and not afraid of tools. The cost might not be all that much if basically nothing is missing, and these GTV (4 and 6) are gaining in price as time goes by, people desiring the GTV body style, esp if there is no rust worth talking about. Could be the buyers choice for engine, if he planned on putting in a V6, judging by the hood.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Something to factor in.

Where in the world is it?

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
how to you see it ?general speaking of course. it is worth to be saved ? what is the future of this car?
To be saved for what purpose?

If your goal is to build a race car, then it might be worthwhile to finish the project. But be aware that used, complete, assembled race cars are readily available. And unless that rollcage meets the requirements of whatever sanctioning body governs the tracks in your area, it is more of a liability than asset.

Putting that car back on the road would be a huge job - one that would cost more than the price of a better, completed car.

There is nothing missing
With any disassembled car, there is always something missing. Or damaged from storage. And the missing/damaged components will be the most difficult to find / most expensive parts.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I wouldn't make any decision based on these pics.

I'd pull it out, clean off the dust, wash it, and then give it a good inspection. If it's truly rust free and the paint is ok, then it might be worth saving. If the paint is shot and/or it needs any bodywork, then things change.

Btw, agree with another poster, that's a 4 cylinder car. Is this in Europe? Didn't they make 4 cylinder cars with GTV6 body bits into the 80's over there?

bs

·
Premium Member
15,537 Posts
For a hobbyist, after cleaning everything up, and assuming everything is there, he would then start putting the pieces back one piece at a time. A hobby for a retired person, just as we do for other projects. I know people who have done just that, their time basically free.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
With a Twin Spark 2 liter, plus suspension work (no photos of this area), it could be a fun track car. But returning it to civilized road life will be very time consuming, and expensive. But if there's no major rust, it is a decision based on personal investment in money, time and enthusiasm. Some of us are cut out for long term projects, some of us are not. On the positive side, I didn't spot major rust in the photos, which is a big advantage.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I wouldn't make any decision based on these pics.

I'd pull it out, clean off the dust, wash it, and then give it a good inspection. If it's truly rust free and the paint is ok, then it might be worth saving. If the paint is shot and/or it needs any bodywork, then things change.

Btw, agree with another poster, that's a 4 cylinder car. Is this in Europe? Didn't they make 4 cylinder cars with GTV6 body bits into the 80's over there?

bs
Yes, here we had the GTV 2L with the same plastic ornament as the GTV6. Actually more of these were sold than the GTV6 which was much more expensive. Nowadays the 4 cylinder version has almost disappeared, as they have rusted and mostly the GTV6 versions survive, as they are more special and collectable. However some have very nice 4 cyl GTVs also, but they are rare.

I would expect its possible to get one GTV 2L in good order for half the price of repairing this car, unless somebody needs something to work with and the work is free.

·
Premium Member
15,537 Posts
"unless somebody needs something to work with and the work is free"

That was the point I was trying to make. A hobbyist has the time and his time is free. Too many people seem to get wrapped around the axle about the potential cost of paying someone to put it back together I think. A few new parts might be needed, but those are available, and it doesn't need to be a "car show" restoration.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
"unless somebody needs something to work with and the work is free"

That was the point I was trying to make. A hobbyist has the time and his time is free. Too many people seem to get wrapped around the axle about the potential cost of paying someone to put it back together I think. A few new parts might be needed, but those are available, and it doesn't need to be a "car show" restoration.
Exactly. If you just want to drive an Alfetta don’t buy this one. If you get satisfaction from building your own, perhaps a restomod, then this a good platform to start with. My guess is if you do the work yourself and then want move on you could at least break even.
I still see very cheap Milanos and the running gear can all be transferred over.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I'd take the wheels if they are less corroded than mine!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts