Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Wes Ingram street/race 1750. The engine is not assembled. It has a lot of extra features, plated exhaust, high polish on cam cover and intake, rebuilt webers, new fuel pump, filter/regulator, water pump. So, if I am going to sell it, should I go to the time and expense of putting it together, or just sell the block and head unassembled. Then sell, or use as spares, of the other engine parts. Also, can someone give me and idea of the market value of this engine, with and without the "add ons", i.e. starter, altenator,water pump, fuel pump and filter, intake and webers. Thanks for you help ahead of time.
Jim

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Unless you do all the work yourself and just have parts costs (no labor) I doubt you'd make any money you spend on the rebuild, even the parts costs might be a stretch.

My .02.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Sell as complete engine in parts. So anybody can see what is done and what they buy. When i buy a race engine I prefer the head to be off. On a used race engine with no clear history I always want to do a rebuild before racing with it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts