Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Time to get a new set of tires and need advice. I live in Pittsburgh PA where I only drive the car in the summer. With occasional rain, looking for a recommendation on something to enjoy but not track racing quality. I has a set of Pirelli's 215's at some point so I liked the low profile although I think they used to rub due to their width. Thoughts?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Hi
Time to get a new set of tires and need advice. I live in Pittsburgh PA where I only drive the car in the summer. With occasional rain, looking for a recommendation on something to enjoy but not track racing quality. I has a set of Pirelli's 215's at some point so I liked the low profile although I think they used to rub due to their width. Thoughts?
Thanks
Since I do not race and do not drive a lot of miles, I use the stock size tires and almost any brand of radial tire. Never any regrets. FYI, Michelin tires will dry rot faster than many others so I never recommend them for cars unless they are driven a lot of miles each year

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
567 Posts
I have Vredestein 195 70 14 Sportrac 5's - like them a lot, and others praise them, too. Might be hard to find . . .

David OD
Laguna CA

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
You have opened Pandora's box with this question. Everyone has opinions about tires,
I run stock sized tires and have 3 different brands on 3 different spiders depending on what was on sale.
They all drive about the same and all feel good.

Reactions: 1978alfa

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Tires, rims, oil & lube and paint colors open endless debate! :)

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Definitely don’t fit white walls.

215’s must have been a good workout when parking.

It sounds like you prefer more modern tyres so I’d probably go with the 195 70 14 recommended earlier.

If the budget is more flexible and you are only doing dry summer driving it may be worth trying something more period. Maybe someone at your local club has a different setup on their car that you could try.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I changed the tires on my Alfa Montreal to Pirelli CN36's and they have made a world of a difference. a set of 195's or 205's should be more than sufficient for your car. What was the original size?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts