Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I'm looking for tire recommendations for my new to me 74 GTV. It's currently sporting some Nitto NT460's which I don't think are made any longer. I'm a novice when it comes to understanding tires but the car has 14x6 Cromodoras and the Nittos are 205s which I like the look of on the car, although the steering is heavier at low speed. I'd like to stick with the 205s so if anyone can recommend something that'll fit it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any special instruction for the tire and alignment shop when I take it in? Plastic tools so as not to damage the wheel?

Thanks,

Pete

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
There are a couple of threads that address this on the forum. It’ll be better if we add to an existing thread.

·
Super Moderator
12,047 Posts
There are a couple of threads that address this on the forum. It’ll be better if we add to an existing thread.
Pete: One of the threads Pat Padden refers to is: Correct 14" tyres I particularly liked posts #3, 6 and 8. While I'm sure it's an oversimplification, I loved this cartoon in post #8 of that thread:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts