Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfisti,

I just purchased my first Alfa Spider, and I'm getting it road-ready. Part of that is replacing the existing tires, which are date-coded back to 2000! What is the concensus on the best 15" performance tire for these cars? Tirerack has a BF Goodrich and 2 Goodyears that I am considering. Any other suggestions/sources would be appropriate. Simply for spirited street driving.

Thanks in Advance,
David

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Long ago, I went with 205-55 VR 15's on my stock phone dials, and got very close to the original OD of the stock tires, with a bit more rubber on the road and a better selection.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'll second the Sumitomo recommendation. I have them on a couple of my "toys", including my '91 Spider. Sumi's are great tires on their own and even more so when you consider how inexpensive they are. Great ride quality, quiet, and long lasting. I got mine from Tirerack.

Cheers.

Dave

·
Registered
585 Posts
Don,

For a street car, I prefer a mixture of 78% nitrogen and 22% oxygen. :wink2:
Actually, the ratio is 78, 21, and 1 inert gasses, but who in this world wants to be accurate. Anyhow I still like the Nitrogen..and since NASCAR uses it, I guess it is as good or better then plain air...but that is why there is more than one color for the Alfa. But everyone knows that RED Alfas go faster.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Actually, the ratio is 78, 21, and 1 inert gasses, but who in this world wants to be accurate. Anyhow I still like the Nitrogen..and since NASCAR uses it, I guess it is as good or better then plain air...but that is why there is more than one color for the Alfa. But everyone knows that RED Alfas go faster.
Aw man, I forgot the 1% inert gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts