Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had 116 models for 20 years now. It seems that once you put tires on these models they don't like to be rotated. I just did this on my Alfetta in the Spring as well as my GTV-6 this week. When I took both cars for a ride, it just didn't feel right, so I ended up putting them back as they were and everything was fine!! Now don't be saying that both car may have suspension problems, both cars are well maintained especially the GTV-6.

What are your experences with this?

Does it happen with your 116's?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
can take a while for the wear patterns to normalise, but in my experience, the wear front to rear is pretty consistent

·
Registered
558 Posts
I don't have a transaxle car anymore, but my "generic" suggestion is that you try rotating more frequently, back to front, keeping them on the same side (so same rotation), especially if you tend to drive it aggressively. Tyre blocks will develop an angle on them depending on whether the tyre is used predominantly for drive or for braking, and when you reverse that use (by rotating to start the angle wear the other way) they will take some time to wear the "shark-tooth" down, flatten out, then start to go the other way.
I would assume that you're feeling the tyre grip less when the shark-tooth is freshly swapped to the "wrong way". Rotating more frequently should not allow the shark-tooth angle to get too extreme.
FWIW...
Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts