Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having now removed the old paint and filler from my passenger side door, it's evident there has been quite a bit of damage. I think my best course of action is to finder a better used door, or alternately to re-skin the frame I have. I'm looking for a used door now, but if that doesn't pan out, I'm curious to hear from folks that may have installed a new skin on theirs. How tough is it for the hobbyist welder and body worker? I've seen references in a few old posts via searching, but haven't been able to find any photos or specific tips. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'd suggest to keep looking for a used door. They pop up, just keep your eye on the parts classifieds and ebay. With the original door you will retain original seams. Removing the skin is a PIA, putting it on is even more so. If put on incorrectly, you will have issues with gaps and alignment as well as messing with the overall geometry of the door shell itself. I know many professional body techs that will concur with me on this one.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ken. I just did a search within that thread and found it. Some of these longer build threads are fantastic, but not always easy to tease elements out of. Would be great if they came with an index or something!! Thanks again for the referral. I'm still hoping to find a good used door, but posts like those you referenced will certainly be helpful if I come up empty handed. Tom

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Tom, I have a lead on a later model GTV right side door from a local shop. I understand modifications are required to fit early model Giulia hinges and window mechanisms. If you're interested, let me know. Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts