Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a new oil pressure sender, but no idea how to get the old one out. I tried to use a crow foot, but couldn't get anywhere near it. Anyone have any hints on getting it out?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I took mine in and gave them $30 dollars. Best way to do it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It can be done with a 14mm stubby. Difficult, yes - lift the positive cable out of your way. If your willing to remove the plenum and have access to a set of 3/4" drive sockets - yes, I know it sounds like overkill - I can tell you how to do it with one of them. I welded a wrench especially for the purpose.
[/IMG]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Graham D has the right idea, but be careful, there are two different sizes that are used for the sending unit so you may need two of his tools.

·
Registered
671 Posts
...but be careful, there are two different sizes
If the plastic insulator on the top of the sender is yellow, the hex is 14mm. If it's white, it's 17mm. My experience, but yours may differ.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Sweet!! I did not have that tid-bit of info, but good to have it documented on the BB now!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Vice-grips, screw-driver through the side, large adjustable pliers - anything (you don't care about the one coming out, do you...?) :D Oil-filter removal solutions unite!

Going back in is a different story - select your tool carefully. ;)

Go easy on the threads - it's aluminium.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts