Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sprint V. is finally on the road again . thats the Golden gate behind us. This is a fine road out out here in Oakland!
When I get time there will be more photos but you will have to go to the Giulletta posts.
Take You All
Enjoy.
Peter

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
peter,
i remember seeing that car at concorso italiano a few years back...i believe when alfa was the featured marque. then i guess it sold and was on ebay less than a year ago. glad to see her back in california. hopefully one day we can race together. you gotta make the trek to a so cal. race at least once.

congrats on the sweet ride.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Anthony;
Yes thats the car. I was bulit in the form you saw it in 1990 was at Laguna in 91 aug. I followed that cars for years. My frend had it at Concorso 3/4 years ago, there was a bidding war and it was sold in the last 4 years it had 3 owners all of witch did not take good care of her. so meany things done mickie mouse, tie rod ends one side no threads left the other side a inch of therds on both tie rods, Things like changing the red end putting a posi case with an open diff. and not putting the emrgency brake back up etc etc.. In the last year a none Alfa guy had it and it was in the NY area, he never addvertized it exept on ebay and told him to put it on there because at the time there was aHigh profile car on Ebay and he would get a lot of Alfa people looking, I could not get it because of the high cost he wanted , But I wanted it to go to a good home, so maybe I could get it back in my life some how. well it never sold. and I have hownded the seller for that hole year. I got him down almost $16,000 form his asking price, good thing I did there was alot that has happend to this baby in 4 years. It needs a lot of TLC. but the body wool carpits etc are still nice!!!
You do not want me on track with you guys in this car, its foul handling, its very loose the rear just comes out like a mustang all the time. I changed ther Minilights to my 15 inch TZ wheels thay look correct but the minilights do look ausome! the car does not feel like a 750/101 car should, its steering is not very alive i thought the wheels would help and proper steering geomitry but it helped just a little. It does handle like a go cart though with the panard rod and other mods. and late last night we were on a shake down run, and I when to put it in 1st and no 1st( freak thing I thought do it again) I think I lost the bolt for 1st and 2nd SH-T!!!!!, you would have seen her nect week at concorso but not now. O well Its still nice to have her back in my life and be the new car taker.
Ps my #35 car ( the Ringcar) is till my favorite, its a pure driveing exp!!! I call it the refresher, sometimes I come home and go for a ride in her and wow I am all refreshed such a joy!
But I would love to run with you guys in my Super Now thats an other finger tip car that you can do full drifts at full power and still steer around any Bicyclistis, Just put that in to steer the pot you all!!! take it easy.
Take Care have a fantastic weekend at Laugna folks
peter

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Beautiful Sprint Peter! I remember seeing this one on eBay. Great paint scheme. I'm glad to see she's in good hands now! I look forward to seeing more of her in the Photo Gallery!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Peter, your car is a beauty! AND the picture is is really great.
I want to do a coffee table book of pictures of Alfas in the Americas. I had no idea of the cost of printing fine books like that but I am still working on it.
When we get it going I will ask for special pictures to be considered for the book.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
?s

Hi Crew;
Go to the Giulietta orm on this site foe more phots and ?s anwered.
Take care
Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts