Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao Alfisti!

Can anyone share with me the method by which the armrest attaches to the door panel on Tipo IV 1900s? It does not appear that it's attached to anything but the door panel itself, which does not seem right given that you have to pull on them every time you shut the door. I expected that they would attach to the window winding mechanism but there is no obvious place where this would occur.

Thoughts?

Ciao!
-tj in los gatos

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hi TJ

as promised, here are the pics of my original door panels: The armrest are only fixed on the door panel!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy,

Thank you very much. That was my guess. I suppose the Italians expected that you be gentle with the car, as you might with a beautiful woman!

Ciao!
-tj in los gatos

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy,

One more thing. There are four holes in the door panel (2 below the armrest and two near the upper front corner). Do you suppose that these were for some small sheet metal screws to hold the door panel to the door and/or window regulator assembly? It seems that without something other than the perimeter clips to hold the door panel to the door, it would get destroyed very quickly from use.

If I recall, I don't see any screws holding your restored door panel on, which is why I'm asking.

Can you shed any light on how the door panel was originally attached to the door, and what the proper way to do so is during restoration?

Ciao!
-tj in los gatos

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 7 of 7 Posts