Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Bellissimo!!!!! Too bad we can't buy it now ...馃が

Premium Member
I didn't wade through all the comments, but are these magnesium? The gold finish would suggest so, and I know Alfa used Mg for chassis parts, etc. in T33s. (On second thought, maybe not the cylinder heads -- Mg probably wouldn't work too well with combustion temperatures.)

Premium Member
There must be a bit of a story here about why this got separated from the herd? Perhaps damaged so not viable spares? Hopefully more information comes to light, not your everyday offering for sure!

Registered
Davesee (seller) quoted on Bring a Trailer:

"In answer to the colour. The motors to the best of my knowledge were always painted in this gold colour. My plan for these two items was to create two coffee tables, The box is possibly more rare than the engine casing. Alas we get older and the tables did not materialize!"

Premium Member
Lovely parts, but no description on condition, so how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
would it take, if even possible to make functional?
Just think of the cost for the headers, 12 outlets on each bank :)
Pretty expensive coffee table, box or not.

Regards, Alberto

Premium Member
My guess would concur with Fred鈥檚, the likely reason they鈥檙e being offered as such is they鈥檙e no longer cost effective as spares for one reason or another.

Registered
Why can't people take Davesee at his word? He is a very genuine classic car enthusiast who does not really need to sell the crankcase and its box. He is offering these for an Alfista who would appreciate the decorative value of these parts, NOT because he needs the proceeds. Maybe I will buy this myself!!!

Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts