Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often should you change the timing belt on a S4? about how many miles? thanks.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Chains last a long time, unlike belts that do have to be replaced regularly. (Belts are affected by age, not just by mileage.) Also, a chain is a lot noisier than a belt, so there are some trade-offs. Personally, I am very happy about the chain. Break a belt and you're looking at a serious repair...

Best regards,

·
Administrator
16,623 Posts
Break a belt and you're looking at a serious repair...
Like our Chrylser Sebring convertible? The water pump siezed which took out the timing belt! Valves & pistons collided - broke at least two valves (4 valves/cylinder) on the rear bank. Quit dissassembly then and replaced the engine...

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Like our Chrylser Sebring convertible? The water pump siezed which took out the timing belt! Valves & pistons collided - broke at least two valves (4 valves/cylinder) on the rear bank. Quit dissassembly then and replaced the engine...
And my FIAT 124 Spider,... which my cousin had been driving at that time since I didn't use it much... Now it has a new head, engine was pulled out and has been ready to go back in longer than I want to disclose, but I decided that we are going to re-do the car... It really isn't another "project", since we were already "in there"... :rolleyes:

Best regards,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts