Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
This kit works awesome. If it wasn't for having Goats living so close and being a good guy letting me borrow them, I'd contemplate buying these! I did multiple 24v timing belts using this.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump for new price.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump for lower price...

·
Registered
461 Posts
What a great price! I recall years ago I traded a nice, running 78 spider for just the cam lock tools..... jim

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Guys with 24v cars-- u can buy these tools and do your own t belt change for parts cost only!! The only other "specialty" item needed is a 1 5/8 socket to turn the crank!! A 10 mm Snapon universal 1/4 drive socket helps a lot but not required.

And it's not a scary job either. It is straightforward , a bit fiddly but that's all. Many folks think it's some huge endeavor-- it's not!

So either buy the tools and DIY for a couple hundred bucks, or pay your mechanic 1500. For me the math is easy

·
1991 164L
27,890 Posts
Guys with 24v cars-- u can buy these tools and do your own t belt change for parts cost only!! The only other "specialty" item needed is a 1 5/8 socket to turn the crank!! A 10 mm Snapon universal 1/4 drive socket helps a lot but not required.

And it's not a scary job either. It is straightforward , a bit fiddly but that's all. Many folks think it's some huge endeavor-- it's not!

So either buy the tools and DIY for a couple hundred bucks, or pay your mechanic 1500. For me the math is easy
He already has the 41mm (1 5/8") socket in the pix, too it looks like.

May need a 3/4" to 1/2" adapter for it though.

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
And he has the dial indicator tdc gauge too -- that's worth 75 bucks itself!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts