Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in process of checking my tensioner on my 1984 GTV-6, and am trying to get the *#^& timing belt cover off. O have removed the clamshell bolt and the bolts that go into the front of the block, (at least all of them that I can find-I think I have taken out 4 or 5), and taken the A/C belt tensioner loos, but the bloody thing won't come out. Now it is jammed about 3/4' up and 3/4 " to the outside, on the right side and it won't move either way. Help, please. If this were a Milano, there would be some room to work, but not the GTV. Thanks, ron Johnston, [email protected]

·
Registered
487 Posts
Forgive me, but ...

...did you also remove the nut/bolt combination on the top that holds the TWO halves of the cover together? :confused: Is this the one you referred to as the "clamshell"?

If so, there is definately more than 5 bolts in total. There are a couple short bolts close to the crank pulley on both sides, another short one just below the thermostat housing on the left cover. I may be off but I think you should have about 7-8 when all done.:eek:

I realize room may be tight but try tracing the inner edge to feel the ones you can see. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts