Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is where we will be discussing the Time Trial. Please note that the schedule is being finalized and registration has not yet opened. Convention information is being updated and posted on our website Home

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Will the time trial be held at that new track in Northern Kentucky? I was looking to trying it out.
No, the venue had to be changed since construction has not resumed since it was halted over a year ago and the KY track is not operating.

The new Time Trials venue is Putnam Park in Mt. Meridian, IN. (Just outside of Indianapolis.) Of course, Putnam is just a great track and we will have a first class event! The cost has not changed. It is $150 per driver, plus transponder rental, if you don't already own a transponder.

The upcoming February issue of the Alfa Owner has key additional information on the Time Trials and other events so that people may decide on their events and register earlier rather than later.

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Thanks Murray!
Nice track, I am SO looking forward to running it.
Watch out for Heavy Metal Racing !!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Thanks for the videos there Murray. Yep- Putnam's situated so that most everybody can watch the white/black Spider duels! I predict right now that a red one will sneak up on them all and blow their doors off!

If I recall, he goes by the name of "Conedriver", or something like that...

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
The new Time Trials venue is Putnam Park in Mt. Meridian, IN. (Just outside of Indianapolis.) Of course, Putnam is just a great track and we will have a first class event! The cost has not changed. It is $150 per driver, plus transponder rental, if you don't already own a transponder.

Dark Lord............Have you any information on what Hotel the Darkside members will be staying at the night before the slayings of the slow white Spiders of Lexington? :D

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Found the info on the hotel it's in the event section under TT for others looking for it.

Holiday Inn Express
Cloverdale, IN
(exit # 41 on I-70)

Sounds like once you register for the TT you will get the info to book a room at a special rate.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Time Trial/Hotel

Found the info on the hotel it's in the event section under TT for others looking for it.

Holiday Inn Express
Cloverdale, IN
(exit # 41 on I-70)

Sounds like once you register for the TT you will get the info to book a room at a special rate.
If I've located the correct hotel, the capacity is 60 rooms, which matches exactly the number of time trial participants allowed. Has AROC blocked the entire hotel? Or are people not registering for the time trials expected to make other arrangements even though they are going to the track?

I'm referring to the Holiday Express Hotel on Main Street in Cloverdale.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
We will increase our room request to as many as they will allow. There are two other motels at the same interstate interchange.

And, both your personal email and BB private message files are full. I can't respond to your other questions until you fix this

If I've located the correct hotel, the capacity is 60 rooms, which matches exactly the number of time trial participants allowed. Has AROC blocked the entire hotel? Or are people not registering for the time trials expected to make other arrangements even though they are going to the track?

I'm referring to the Holiday Express Hotel on Main Street in Cloverdale.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Murray,

You are correct. We have not sent lodging information. You will receive an email later asking for your car points, classification, and track experience. Time trial entrants must make their own reservations and the motel is:
Holiday Inn Express
1017 North Main St. Cloverdale, IN
(exit # 41 on I-70)
765-795-5050

Our special rate code is ARO, and the manager is Angela. However some people have apparently got the rate without the code. BTW, there is another motel at the same exit.

QUOTE=msiert;985195]George, I have not gotten any information to book a room at the special rate thought I would get that after you got my registration?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Just a heads up........the last two conventions I've been to (Detroit and Chicago) I have witness 2 oil filters come lose at the time trails one at each convention. In one of the failures an accident followed the spill.

I saw a thread that George started a while back on the problem and he showed an easy way to safety wire the oil filter to keep it from coming loose........Thanks George

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/motorsports/124700-securing-oil-filter.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Cheating

If you have a fuel enrichment device added to your cars injection system but you don't count the added device in the penalty points total for you car, will that be considered cheating in the Time Events? What rules are being used?

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you have a fuel enrichment device added to your cars injection system but you don't count the added device in the penalty points total for you car, will that be considered cheating in the Time Events? What rules are being used?
No warm fuzzy feeling when the organizers don't even know that we have had rules for years. Are you not one of the organizers? The rules are called the Competition Code. (Too bad about Russ' passing on. Obviously we have no one competent to fill his shoes.) This is basic stuff. Fuel enrichners have been around since the L-Jet days. We covered them in the competition code years ago. Before putting on an event you should at least read the code. It's online and if the organizers are too lazy to look it up, at least know that "Modified resistance values of sensors feeding EFI" is covered on page 12!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Greg:

I don't know much about the Competition Code, I just asked Russ when I needed to know.
Why don't you enlighten me?

Bud

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.