Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Alfisti,
The four door Giulia TI / Super / Berlina have been so overshadowed by the great GTs and Spiders that little is written about them. I know we have recently had the Tippler book on "Berlinas", but that was in the widest sense, not specifically on the Giulias.
I have been trying to piece together a book which will just cover the four door Giulias. Alfa Romeo are aware of the project and have promised their support. I have also been in touch with a publisher who is quite keen if I can get this together properly. I've currently written over 20000 words, but need more!
I am very keen on ensuring that the book covers Giulias all over the world, and in an as many different uses as possible. So, I am desperately wanting information on daily driven cars, racers, modifieds, show cars, cars awaiting restoration/rescue...indeed anything. I also need good publishable photos.
I hasten to add that I a not a professional journalist, and this is certainly costing me much more than I could ever dream of getting back. I am just an enthusiastic owner who wants to see these great little cars get a fair hearing! Please be part of this project!
I would be thrilled if any owners, fellow enthusiasts, people with info/photos, would get in touch.
Ciao!
Mark,
London, England

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, judging from the lack of response I guess I'm the only one who thinks this book is a good idea?!?!?! Is there no interest in the Ti/Super Stateside?
I need encouragement....and...well...maybe it wasn't such a good idea afterall!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
UK - I think it's a great idea!!!

The problem is I know nothing about them, nor do I have any kind of info on super's. And I think many are in the same shoes i'm in.

There isn't much or any info on supers out there. I think you have a great idea going, and should pursue writing this book!!!

p.s. I'd buy it

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Mark,

Sorry for the poor response regarding your project. I myself cant really help out too much since I don’t personally have one of these fine cars but I sure will help to spread the word. I'm going to be cross posting this post in some of our other forums and perhaps you’ll get a better response. I’m sure someone will chime in soon just hang in there!

Cant wait to hear more about the project as it develops.

Regards,

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mark, I have a 67 Giulia Super that I am currently turning into a full blown race car. I should be finished with it by June so once it's done Ill be sure to write something on it and take lots of photos to send your way. Good Luck with the book and keep us posted on its progress!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts