Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Alfisti,
The four door Giulia TI / Super / Berlina have been so overshadowed by the great GTs and Spiders that little is written about them. I know we have recently had the Tippler book on "Berlinas", but that was in the widest sense, not specifically on the Giulias.
I have been trying to piece together a book which will just cover the four door Giulias. Alfa Romeo are aware of the project and have promised their support. I have also been in touch with a publisher who is quite keen if I can get this together properly. I've currently written over 20000 words, but need more!
I am very keen on ensuring that the book covers Giulias all over the world, and in an as many different uses as possible. So, I am desperately wanting information on daily driven cars, racers, modifieds, show cars, cars awaiting restoration/rescue...indeed anything. I also need good publishable photos.
I hasten to add that I a not a professional journalist, and this is certainly costing me much more than I could ever dream of getting back. I am just an enthusiastic owner who wants to see these great little cars get a fair hearing! Please be part of this project!
I would be thrilled if any owners, fellow enthusiasts, people with info/photos, would get in touch.
Ciao!
Mark,
London, England

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, judging from the lack of response I guess I'm the only one who thinks this book is a good idea?!?!?! Is there no interest in the Ti/Super Stateside?
I need encouragement....and...well...maybe it wasn't such a good idea afterall!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am delighted to have received such encouraging posts. Thanks everyone.
My book will now include Berlinas as well as the TI and Super, and so I would be delighted to hear from Berlina enthusiasts too. I want to hear about cars in all sorts of condition, whether race cars, restoration projects, every day cars, or show cars, so please don't hesitate to get in touch.
I would be very interested to get more information on that TI Super!
I am particularly short on information on cars used in motor sport, then or now!
Thanks again everyone! I'll keep you all updated on progress.
........Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the link to these great Dutch racers. I have been in contact with them, but haven't as yet got any really good quality photos. I think I'll have to make a trip over there to see one of their events sometime this year.

I do want to hear from racers in other parts of the world though!

Thanks again for your interest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.