Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have experience with Spruell Motorsport's Tilton pedal box conversion on a street car?

I'm looking to free up under hood room by losing the brake booster. I have built a brake system using the Wilwood set up and love the results. I would rather not spend the money but in the long run it may solve some big problems.

Thanks in advance,

Pat

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
you have standing or hanging pedals? for the standing pedals I think its a good solution (I have it in my racer, bur would use it without any thoughts on a road car). |For hanging pedals you can ditch the booster and MC, and install a balancebar setup with 2 separate cylinders.

·
Super Moderator
12,374 Posts
Looks like Spruell offers Tilton conversions in both hanging and standing versions. ICBomber - whatcha got?

No, I've never run one of those things. I'm sure they work just fine, though your pedal pressure would go up if you were running the same dia. MC as stock. Smaller dia. MC's would reduce pedal pressure but require more pedal travel.

Kit for hanging pedals:

For cars with standing pedals (this seems to convert a car from standing pedals, to hanging pedals):

The installation instructions for both kits appear at http://www.paulspruell.com/brake_instructions.html and make for interesting reading. Not quite a "bolt on" !

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
the diameter off the MC`s is adapted to skipping the booster. If ordered correctly, with mentioning the specs of the rest of the braking system you will get the right size cylinders in the kit. Besides that you get much more feel in your brakes without the booster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.