Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you tighten a loose side mirror top section to the mirror's base on an S4? (The previous owner had screwed two drywall screws between the two sections to keep it from rattling...no kidding)

My mirror on the passenger side is loose. Not the actual mirror, but the top section of the mirror housing. The base section is secure to the door, but the top section sits up about an 1/8th inch from the base section and is thus loose. It seems like there is a bolt inside that tightens the two sections but I am not sure how to get to it.

Do I have to remove the door panels and remove the mirror from the door from inside the door? I looked at this and not only is this going to be difficult, but the screws/nuts on the inside of the door panel connecting the mirror's base look a bit rusty so I am hoping to avoid this.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
not good news but the mirrors usually break at the pivot. The fix is to
remove the mirror and go to a standard coffee table lamp parts supplier and buy some hollow threaded tube and the nuts and washers. Redrill the mirror parts and run the wires through the tube. There should be a thread on this somewhere on the BB... do a search for details. I did mine 10 years ago and
they are still doing fine.
Good luck!

·
Registered
369 Posts
On my S3, there is a rubber flap that looks like part of the lower housing-you will see it as you sit in the car-lift it and use an allen wrench(I think)-I watched a guy do it to mine- took about 12 sec-My description of the location is poor i know, but it is a flap, black, on the lower part of the mirror-please feel free to correct any of my mistakes here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts