Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I do not know if this is a problem or not but I thought I'd ask the experts just to make sure.

This weekend I started to notice a tick sound from the little compartment behind the passenger seat when I press or release the gas quickly (just one tick). I'm assuming it's coming from the control unit or something like that located in that compartment.

The car starts and runs fine and there is no hesitation when I drive. It seems to be performing the same since I owned it (2 months so far!)

Could this tick sound be a sign that something is going or is this a normal noise that I just never noticed before.... when you press or release the gas quickly?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thx

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Is this a S4 (Motronic) spider? I was also wondering (when I first drive a S4) a clicking relay noise whenever I step on the gas. I believe this is the VVT timing advance relay and that's the way it works - nothing to worry about except a little annoying if it always catches your attention

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,061 Posts
Yes, definitely a relay in the rear. S4 VVT relay is activated directly by the ECU based on load, not the TPS.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx

Thanks Gang,

I just wanted to make sure that what I'm hearing is "normal"

The more I drive the car the more I'm learning about it and some of the "interesting" noises that occasionally occur.

Back to having fun.... fun.... fun!!

Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts