Alfa Romeo Forums banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Interesting, Bob. I put pads from Beck Arnley on my Super shortly after I bought it. No brake dust.

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Anybody know where to get the early 105 hubcaps that use the clips that have the plastic ring in them?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Are you sure it is not an Autodelta GTjunior ... they commonly ran these 6x15 wheels ... I have never seen a GTA with these wheels mounted even though they were homologated ... always 14" instead.

Here is a snapshot from a period racing vid of a factory Alfa mechanic fitting them to a GTA Junior.

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
I have a set on my Super now, with hubcap clips. Came from Larry Jones, who had a TZ and GTA in the 80s and good AFRA access, but no TI Super as far as I know. Earliest show TZ had hubcap clips, and Marnix Dillenius reports that some early cars had hubcap clips, but by now, probably not many left and they would be the early narrow wheels.

TI Super wheels are what, 4.5 x 15? Mine have 165-15 on them, tires are wider than the wheels. I can post a pic tomorrow.

Andrew

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
It's interesting how somebody at back-in-the-day Alfa understood that fitting clips and hubcaps on TI Super Campys was an ever-so subtle emphasis on the already discrete design differences between stock steel Alfa wheels and the 15in Campys on TI Supers. Obviously this was intentional and equally obviously wasn't considered a big deal----probably it was just one of those things the Alfa guys back then thought to do. But, wow, what consummate good taste they had back then! And what a visual statement TI Super wheels w/hubcaps made and continue to make today. I say this even as I have decided to stick with my GTA reps on my Super. But, then, I've always like the GTA style wheels because they so closely resemble stock wheels---but aren't. It's like campy and Alfa wanted to send a subtle message to all the Alfa cognonscenti. It worked.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The car on the Aussie pic seems to have the lower wheel arches. I have a similar set which were on a TZ and are 6.00x15. I've been told that even in '64/'65 these wheels were delivered (custom order or comp only use?) in that size apart form the 5.50 and 5.00

Are you sure it is not an Autodelta GTjunior ... they commonly ran these 6x15 wheels ... I have never seen a GTA with these wheels mounted even though they were homologated ... always 14" instead.

·
Premium Member
21,122 Posts
I feel very lucky to have stumbled into these wheels. They are bare magnesium, I need to get them coated before it rains.
Andrew

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi,

The problem is for us in Aus, is that for racing and to be eligible for Historic racing the reg's stipulate 60 sidewall tyres. the choice is very limited. Any ideas or recommendations?
Jim

141 - 154 of 154 Posts